Hello ! Today I offer you something completely new for me, coconut scones!
The coconut fruit is quite foreign to me, I have eaten very little when I was a child because my mother had a horror of it. And of course, like any good child, what mom did not like, I did not like. A real copier!
Finally I grew up and I started to experiment with new products, including coconut.
This recipe of coconut scones came to me through the coconut sugar I kindly received by Keimling, I thought to add additional coconut cream really bring something extra and it was the case ! They are delicious and feel very good, it is a treat throughout the house. The sugar also brings a little thing really nice.
By the way, I advise you to go see Keimling that offers really cool organic products. There is a whole range of dried fruit that also make me wanted much 😋
I let you discover the recipe below, it will accompany well your breakfast 😘
For 6 big scones
Preparation time : 25 minutes / Cooking time : 45 minutes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter into cubes
3/4 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup grated coconut (optional)
1. Mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, (grated coconut) and a pinch of salt. Add the butter into cubes and mix either by hand or using a robot to get some kind of crumble.
2. In another bowl, beat two eggs with coconut cream. Add this mixture to the first mixture. Mix to have a dough not too sticky, don’t hesitate to add more flour if it is the case.
3. Roll out the dough on a work surface to a thickness of about 2 cm. With a cookie cutter, form circles.
4. Place circles on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. To have a golden and sweet appearance, combine almond milk with a bit of maple syrup and brush with scones.
5. Bake in a oven at 400°F (200°C) (preheated) for 40 to 50 minutes. They should be golden brown.