This morning, I return in course, it’s necessary to restart again for working one day! But as you know, I had some time to me and I was thus able to redo a knead bread. My two recipes of soda bread (gluten free or not) are fast to realize and much simpler to do the weeks of course. However, as I was able to have a few hours to let the dough rise and all that, I said to myself, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! The last time, I had prepared of whole bread, yummy.
Today, there are two recipes, the recipe of this oat bread and the jam of chia seed and berries to accompany it. The set is rather healthy and magnificently goes well together, it’s perfect for breakfast or a simple snack. You can also adapt your topping and make an avocado toast, since the time that I see photos of these famous toasts on pinterest I really have to do one of these days!
As for the bread, it’s simple to realize, you just have to follow the recipe. I know, make some bread can frighten more of one but to have made bread several times, it’s not so complicated. It is only a question of time and application. If you have no great robot as me, i’is necessary, as says it so well the expression, “to put the shoulder to the wheel” (is a french expression, “mettre la main à la pâte” in french, I don’t know if you have it in english, ahah) and mold during 10 good minutes. It’s moreover rather relaxing.
The recipe of the jam is in cup, I use more and more this measure (we don’t have it in France) which seems to me simpler than grams. If you have no it at home (but if you’re american, you have one), use a mug as references.
Have a delicious week,
PS : You can perceive my sublime wooden block, the kitchen was reorganized, which is a pleasure. I even more appreciate to cook!
Oat and honey bread
Ingredients for 1 loaf :
1 packet (1 1/1 cc) dry active yeast
1 cup (230 ml) warm almond milk
1/3 cup (80 ml) warm water
1/4 cup (3 tbsp) honey
1/4 cup (3 tbsp) olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp salt
1 1/2 cup (180 g) oat flour*
2 cups (250 g) bread flour
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) rolled oat
1.Activate dry active yeast in the mixture of warm water and almond milk. Mix with a fork and leave 5-10 minutes. Then, add the olive oil and the honey.
2. In a big bowl, mix both flours, rolled oat and salt. Add the liquid preparation. Mix boorishly with a fork.
3. Knead with the hands during 7-10 minutes (or in the machine), when the dough is very homogeneous, form a ball. In another big bowl, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil at the bottom and distemper walls of the bowl. Put your ball of bread dough there. Cover with a towel and let rise during 1H30-2h, in a small place, shielded from drafts.
4. When the dough raised, put it in a rectangular dish cake, cover (again) with a towel and let rest another 40 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Place in the oven during 40-45 minutes in 350°F (180°C) (beforehand preheated).
*To make oat flour, mix rolled oat in a robot until obtain a fine powder.
Confiture de fruits rouges et graines de chia
Ingredients for 1 jar :
3 cups frozen berries
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp water
1. In a pan, cook red berries with the maple syrup. Mix regularly. The cooking can during 15-20 minutes.
2. When fruits are well done and when the preparation is more or less liquid, add the water and the chia seeds, mix. Still leave on the fire during 5 minutes.
3. Take out of the fire and add the vanilla extract, mix and fill your jam jar. Close it. When it will have cooled, place it in the refrigerator overnight.